Wallace Insurance Brokers

The Wallace Group, Whitehall Chambers, 43 New Row, Coleraine. Co Londonderry. UK. BT52 1AE.

Construction and Commercial Insurance Specialists

Telephone: +44(0) 28 703 25999   Fax: +44(0) 28 703 4641   Email: admin@wallace-group.co.uk


BUILDINGS INSURANCE This covers your property against damage. This normally includes fire, flood and subsidence damage, temporary accommodation / housing, and the cost of replacing broken or lost keys. Outside buildings such as garages, greenhouses and sheds are often also covered. Fixed items such as baths, toilets, sinks, pipes and drains are also covered by the majority of policies. Some policies have options to include accidental damage cover, and to raise the excess (Initial amount you need to pay in the event of a claim) to reduce the policy cost. CONTENTS INSURANCE This covers the contents of your home against damage or loss due to fire, lightning, flooding, theft or break-in. Accidental damage is sometimes included, although it is usually an optional extra. Contents Insurance is often sold together with Buildings Insurance, or as a single Home Insurance policy. Remember that if you have a home office, it is not normally covered by your standard buildings/contents insurance, and a special policy may be required. Your insurer must be notified if you are operating a business from you home (Even if work is restricted to administrative duties only) PET INSURANCE This covers your pet for vet bills, as well as purchase cost in the event of death. It is available widely for cats and dogs, and less frequently for other animals. The policies do not cover routine check-ups, but will cover illness or injury to your pet. If you are taken ill, many policies will cover the cost of Kennel or Cattery fees to look after your pet. Some policies also provide liability cover (mainly for dogs), so if your pet causes injury to another person, your costs will be covered if they are awarded compensation. CARAVAN INSURANCE This covers your fixed site caravan against damage. This normally includes fire & special perils including Public Liability. Insurers usually require the site to be registered and approved. PRIVATE MOTOR INSURANCE Motor Cover Types 1) Third Party Cover - This insures your liability to others in the case of a car crash or other motor vehicle incident. This includes death or injury to anybody (but not death or injury to employees while they are working, as they are covered by employers liability insurance (see below). 2) Fire and Theft (third party) - This is an optional addition to your third party cover. 3) Comprehensive Insurance Cover - (Including the above) This covers you in the event of accidental damage regardless of whose fault it was. If you use your own private vehicle in your work, then you should inform your insurers as you will not be covered for business use (travelling to/from work is usually OK). TRAVEL INSURANCE Holidays should be a time to enjoy yourself and relax, to escape from the stresses and strains of daily routine. Which is why the simple precaution of buying adequate travel insurance is a worthwhile investment. If you need medical help on holiday, are involved in an accident, lose anything or have to cancel your holiday at the last minute, the appropriate cover saves you the worry and expense you’d otherwise face.


Complete Each Section Then Click Submit


Whitehall Chambers, 43 New Row, Coleraine. Co Londonderry. BT52 1AE.

Telephone: +44(0) 28 703 25999   Fax: +44(0) 28 703 4641   Email: admin@wallace-group.co.uk